Monday, April 4, 2011

Set your thermostats a couple degrees lower

By setting your home and office heating systems just a few degrees lower, you'll save a sizable amount of energy. And you'll make your mother happy by wearing that ugly sweater she gave you last Christmas! You can save big. Most households shell out 50% to 70% of their energy budgets on heating and cooling, reports the Department of Energy. Yet, for every degree you lower the thermostat, you'll save between 1% and 3% of your heating bill.


6 comments:

  1. I have totally been trying to convince my family of that. Maybe with the help of your research they might finally believe me...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have recently started doing this in our home and it has paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea and I am going to start implementing it TODAY!! Thank you for the information!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to turn the lights off when you leave each room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this when you posted it last month, so decided to try it and my bill was down almost $4 this month!! Exciting! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete